The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the purchase of products and supplies. This position is in charge the overall supply chain for the company including product assessment, requests for proposal, vendor negotiation, vendor management and distribution of products sold by the company. These products include concentrates, edibles, accessories and other product groups as requested by senior management. This position is based in Denver, CO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for buying the best quality products and goods for the company at the most competitive prices
- Manage vendor selection and relationships; seek and partner with the highest quality vendors
- Ensure vendor compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Manage the supply chain for products to ensure budgeted targets are met
- Partner with company senior leadership on pricing and inventory strategies
- Affectively negotiate contract terms including price, quantity, and terms with multiple vendors
- Keep informed of economic, industrial and other trends and communicate with senior management how these trends impact merchandising strategy
- Review, interpret and analyze data via the computer system to determine inventory needs
- Monitor sales and forecast changes and alter PO deliveries as needed
- Analyze processes from supplier to customer, evaluate bottlenecks and identify opportunities and implement improvements in processes, procedures and/or systems
- Monitor and analyze trends in company spending and inventory control in order to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings
- Develop and maintain communication inter-departmentally to forecast and eliminate shortages
- Review and make recommendations for contracts executed in the course of vendor procurement
- Travel to Southern Colorado cultivation and dispensary locations up to 50%, with minimal overnight travel required
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, & Skills)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field of study preferred
- Experience within the regulated cannabis industry
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in procurement or retail/manufacturing purchasing department; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred
- Holds, or is able to obtain, a Key Badge from the Marijuana Enforcement Division (MED)
- Strong knowledge of vendor sourcing, inventory administration, purchasing and receiving systems
- Ability to accurately handle, prioritize and complete multiple tasks while managing interruptions in a fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical, problem solving, customer service, and negotiation skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to demonstrate the ability to work with little supervision.
- Must demonstrate and present the utmost professionalism with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word and MS Excel.